CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.13.2008

This Show is a Trip


I just started watching season one of Mad Men. How our standards have changed!
I don't know how accurate of a portrayal this is of upper middle-class white life in the 1950s, but it's kinda depressing from a woman's perspective!
Not much was expected of us other than the menial shit, and if we actually did go out and get a job there was sexism up the wazoo.
We've come a long way, but there's still a way to go.
(The wardrobe is great, by the way.)

1 comments:

Mrs. M. said...

I love this show! I had been wanting to see it forever and finally borrowed the first season from a friend. I couldn't believe I hadn't been watching it the whole time. You're definetely right though about the way they treat women. I remember on the first episode Joan told Peggy that the typewriter was "easy enough for a woman to use" to which Peggy responded, "I sure hope so!" UGH! If you've missed the 2nd season so far they have it on Entertainment on Demand under AMC.