CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

10.25.2008

Post-Surgery Photo....Yikes

My 13-year-old son took this photo with my phone. Sorry for the poor quality.
My face is three times its usual size here! (A few hours after surgery). The pain is pretty much what I expected after having my jaw bones sawed through on both sides............ouch!
It's very strange not being able to chew or lick food, (As I mentioned before, my jaw's wired shut.) Food now looks twice as delicious as before.
I went on Google Image Search to find some pictures of fat Monica on Friends, because that's exactly what my face looks like now! I couldn't really find any good pictures of her, but I'm sure many of you remember.
Anyway, I'm grateful surgery went well and that my awesome aunt and husband have taken such good care of me.

4 comments:

Mrs. M. said...

I'm glad yout surgery went well and I definetely wish you a speedy recovery! In the meantime, lots of delicious vanilla shakes for you, missy.

mama maria said...

You are such a sweetie, Mrs. M. Thank you!

Jamba Lover said...

I hope you are getting better fast! I am having this same surgery in March of this year. Luckily, I'm having it at 15 so I don't have the worry of missing work or not being able to take care of a family...or whatnot. Either way, missing a month of my sophomore year will be rough.

mama maria said...

Jamba Lover,
You will be drinking lots and lots of Jamba Juice after surgery!! Good luck. It's a rough recovery, but the results are worth it!