CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

1.27.2009

Hmmmmmmmmm

Well I've taken some photos over the past few weeks. Not happy with any of them. Kinda discouraging. Oh well, I'm not gonna give up yet. What is the problem? Just frame, point and shoot, right? Not that easy, I guess. The camera never seems to capture what my eyes see as a potentially great photo.
Art is a weird thing. I remember trying so hard in college to produce meaningful work that would affect people somehow. I finally realized my senior year that I was trying too hard in the wrong way. Does that make sense? One of my instructors, the wonderful Silvia Malagrino, taught me I was neglecting the influence my emotions could have on my art. Once I tapped into that, everything changed. It was amazing to me.
I think I need to use that approach again.
We'll see how it goes....

1 comments:

Mrs. M. said...

i've always wanted to be able to take beautiful pictures, but i just think i lack the eye. Can't wait til you post your creations though. im sure they're great!